Monday, November 14, 2011

Our Own Thanksgiving

I know it can happen at any age, but somehow the 60something entry into the frailties of the human body makes it a sudden wake up call.  I give thanks that we were able to have our own family Thanksgiving yesterday. It was something I almost missed. In the afternoon, my heart went into in atrial fibrillation and it looked like I was going to get a Medflight to the hospital instead of the delicious dinner we had been working on all day.  But after the IV of liquid and some oxygen, suddenly, my heart flipped into its normal rhythm. Yes, I will have to get it checked out. I will have to learn the triggers. The evening proceeded with both daughters home for one precious night, our own Thanksgiving, because it was the only date that worked. Gratitude was on the table, for family, our own rich history, the amazing food and the wonderful paramedics and EMTs of our island.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are okay Shann! We all have so much to be thankful for!!! xoxo, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can happen at any age, and it is a good reminder at any age. In some ways, an apt event to reminds us of all the things that Thanksgiving stands for - gratitude for family, health and life.

    Give thanks, hug those you love, give your own arm a smooch of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete