Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Alleluia for This Life. On My 61st Birthday.


·      I am thankful for the unlikely and astonishing fact of being alive.
·      I am thankful for this incredible living planet that holds me with loving gravity every moment.
·      I am thankful for my parents, ancestors and all the purposeful and accidental actions that came to pass to create my life.
·      I am thankful for my partner in life, who has gone on so many journeys with me.
·      I am thankful for two most wonderful and remarkable daughters who inspire me, teach me and who have taught me the very depth of love.
·      I am thankful for my fabulous friends, who keep me company, encourage and hearten me.
·      I am thankful for a magical universe of unimaginable proportions.And the ordinary extraordinary miracle of water.
·      I am thankful for the  indescribable wild power called “God”, so far beyond the domesticated and tiny interpretations we hold. Only Rumi comes close to words that are worthy.
·      I am thankful for the muse of creativity, which flows in my veins and which provides revelation and interpretation to the world.
·      I am thankful for my body/mind and all the places, feelings and thoughts it has explored.
·      I am thankful for love. And the smell and taste of home cooking.
·      I am thankful for courage, imagination, truth, integrity, vision, roots, and a sense of place.
·      I am thankful for peace. And freedom.
·      I am thankful for beauty. And that I can behold it.
·      I am thankful for trees, the moon, the ocean, rivers, the starry sky, the heat of summer, fresh vegetables, good dogs, good music, good books, good movies,  good food.
·      I am thankful for movement, walking in nature, dancing, yoga, laughter and fun, hugs, rest—dreams and a damn good sleep.
·      I am thankful for breezes, gardens, shade when you need it, poetry.
·      I am thankful for liberal religions, forbearance, forgiveness, tolerance and diversity.  And the people who remind us of those things and fight for them.
·      I am thankful for good jokes, sacred clowns and good comedy which make the world bearable.
·      I am thankful for all those small moments. When you just catch the ferry (or plane or train or bus).  When the person you are thinking of calls you.  When you catch the falling glass.  When you walk back to get your hat and find you have left the burner on. When you walk into the thrift store and there is the exact item you have been wanting.
·      I am thankful for all the journeys I have been privileged to take across this magnificent  Earth.
·      I am thankful for clouds, hot tubs, sauna, trails, mountains, valleys, and did I mention trees?
·      I am thankful for babies and children. And soup. And scarves.And massage.
·      I am thankful for flowers and fall foliage and dining tables full of food and friends and family.
·      I am thankful for quantum physics and John Muir and canoes.
·      I am thankful for Star Trek and Lord of the Rings and all magical journeys into imaginative realms.
·      I am thankful for salmon, songbirds, whales and horses and all animals. Special shout out to my kooky dog Jack and all those who put up with him. He makes us laugh.
·      I am thankful for rain, wind, trailing clouds along a blue sky. And did I mention trees?
·      I am thankful for all those who do a good thing, the right thing, who speak truth though their voice shakes, and who stand up for the future, the ones who have no voice or power, and who protect the ancient earth.
I am thankful for how incomplete this list is and how I could go on and on.  May this river of gratitude never stop,. I wish to always ride in its current. Alleluia for this life.



No comments:

Post a Comment